The department of Mathematics was established in the year 1994 as B.Sc (MPCs) & B.Sc (MSCs) in English medium to import quality education and to train in the field of mathematics.
The department started a Post Graduate Course M.Sc (Mathematics) in the year 2014 with intake of 40 students per year.
SWOC And Future Plan
- The major strength of the Department of Mathematics is the quality of the faculty.
- Taking care of students in classes, which are from other medium.
- Motivating the students to participate in the seminars.
- Location advantage.
- ICT based teaching methodology.
- Senior and experienced faculty.
- Students are largely from rural background area.
- Syllabus/Course is not job/practical oriented.
- Most of the students from local medium.
- Providing campus placements.
- Giving guidance to students for their higher education.
- Education Awards are given to the best performances of students.
- Good job opportunity.
- To enhance basic skills of students for creation of self employability and employability.
- Efforts should be made to bring more corporate for campus interview.
- Bridge the gap between academia study and industry.
- Encouraging the staff towards research.
Future Plan of Department
- Request to University for Up-gradation of syllabi as per industry requirements.
- Enhancing systematically personality and skill development program for the students
- To inspire students for professional education and competitive examinations.
- Inspiring students for self employment through EDP Workshops.
- Enhancement of practical base teaching-learning process.
- Improving continuously Faculty Development Program.
- Maximum Use of ICT in Teaching-Learning Process.